Quay Property Management Corp., parent company of The Shipyards Development Ltd., has been selected by the City of North Vancouver to develop the Shipyards – Lot 5 site in the City’s central waterfront area in Lower Lonsdale. The completed development will provide over 84,000 square feet of mixed-use commercial and community amenity space, which will include a new boutique waterfront hotel, in addition to the public ice surface and water play area.
See the list below for project highlights, or click here for a detailed information package.
- 12,000 square foot outdoor public skating rink for use during the winter months, including a looped skating trail to complement the open rink area
- 8,000 square foot water play area for use during the summer months, with a combination of splash pools and sprayers
- a covering for weather protection over the entire open space, complete with a retractable portion to allow for an open water play area in summer months
- significant heritage elements such as the partial reconstruction of the historic ‘Machine Shop’ building as the covering structure over the ice and water play areas
- underground parking for public use, with an estimated 140 stalls and bicycle parking
- public support spaces, including public washrooms and unique community programming opportunities for both small and large events
- connection with the Spirit Trail and multiple access points for multi-modal transportation
- over 84,000 square feet of commercial and community amenity space featuring restaurants, cafés, retail, services and hotel uses
Please contact us if you’d like to learn more.