Quay North Urban Development, parent company of The Shipyards Development Ltd., was selected by the City of North Vancouver to develop the Shipyards – Lot 5 site in the City’s central waterfront area in Lower Lonsdale. This development provides over 84,000 square feet of mixed-use commercial and community amenity space, which includes a boutique waterfront hotel, in addition to the public ice surface and water play area.
In April 2016, following a thorough RFP process, the City of North Vancouver announced their partnership with Quay North Urban Development for the redevelopment of The Shipyards – Lot 5 site.
Quay North Urban Development. is a locally owned company with more than 35 years of international experience in property development, management and programming. The company’s diverse history provides a strong foundation based on leisure and entertainment properties, tourist destinations, and placemaking. Quay North Urban Development. is also the parent company of Lonsdale Quay Market, located to the west of The Shipyards development.
For more information about the developer, visit the website at www.quaynorthurban.com
See the list below for project highlights, or Click here for a detailed information package.
- 12,000 square foot outdoor public skating rink for use during the winter months, including a looped skating trail to complement the open rink area
- 8,000 square foot water play area for use during the summer months, with a combination of splash pools and sprayers
- A covering for weather protection over the entire open space, complete with a retractable portion to allow for an open water play area in summer months
- Significant heritage elements such as the partial reconstruction of the historic ‘Machine Shop’ building as the covering structure over the ice and water play areas
- Underground parking for public use, with an estimated 140 stalls and bicycle parking
- Public support spaces, including public washrooms and unique community programming opportunities for both small and large events
- Connection with the Spirit Trail and multiple access points for multi-modal transportation
- Over 84,000 square feet of commercial and community amenity space featuring restaurants, cafés, retail, services and hotel uses
Please contact us if you’d like to learn more.